Friday, July 24, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Mac's



We spent a great weekend with my parents.  My mom suffers from a type of Parkinson's disease and can not do much for herself anymore.  My dad is 81 and does most of the work for her.  It is wonderful to watch him and his patience with her.  He is on his feet pretty much all day except for a few minutes here and there.  Every once in a while each day when he does sit down, he will go sit by my mom and hold her hand.  
It is hard to go sometimes, there is not alot to do for the kids and I try to help out as best I can.  I usually make a few freezer meals and help with making beds and things.  I do sit with my mom and just keep her company and watch TV.  
Glen insists he doesn't want to get old like that, but I feel we can learn so much from them and they have much to give.  I have learned much from visiting my parents for just the few days I can every couple of months.  

2 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

Grandpa is great. I had a lot of fun going with you back in May.

Kim Messick said...

What a sweet picture of Faye and Noah with your parents. A treasure for sure!