Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It Doesn't Take Much To Make Him Happy:)





Daddy was in heaven this past week. He went fishing with 3 of his kids and caught fish with each one and had a trip to Cabela's. first fishing with the kids. He was in Northern California with Noah and fished the Trinity River. Then in Utah, our hotel backed up to the Provo River. Tess went out with Glen for an hour and caught her first fish, she was quite happy with herself. Faye went our the next day and believe it or not she and Glen caught 5 fish. Happiness for Glen, it really doesn't take much.
Now for Cabela's. Cabela's is like Nordstrom except all manly. It has hunting, fishing all kinds of outdoor gear. And every time I have been there it is very crowded. But then you go to check out and nobody is in line. I think men just go there to hope and wish and dream of all the wonderful toys they can buy. I noticed Glen's eyes glossing over as he looked at a new fly rod.


4 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

so true! Cabellas is the mans version of Nordstsrom!

Tess said...

I go to cabellas maybe once a year if that. Didn't even buy anything for myself. I get my rod's second from Craig and online discount for my other gear. The fish aquarium is the attraction with all those big fish. You girls loved it more than I, especially Faye. Tess, Noah and Faye were great fishers of fish. Faye rocked em and is great at holding and releasing her trout back to nature where they should be. CATCH AND RELEASE WILD TROUT!!!!

Glen

Our Sunny SoCal Life said...

Some of our favorite memories are fishing with the kids. Watching Keileigh gut the fish, watching Noelle gag while watching Keileigh gut the fish! Ah the memories!

Noelle said...

It's true... I hate when they make that gassy noise when you cut into them! GAG ME!