Sunday, August 24, 2008

We Got Soul, But...





We got soul food that is.  We went to one of our favorite wards.  It is the Harlem 1st Ward.  It has almost doubled in size since we were there 18 months ago.  The people are amazing and hymn singing is so vibrant and alive, like they really mean what they are singing.  Truly felt the spirit there.  Well back to the soul food.  Right down the street from the church is the famous Sylvia's Restaurant.  Oh my GOODNESS!  Everyone should experience Waffles and Fried Chicken.  Maple syrup over the whole thing, picking up the chicken, sticky mess and oh sooo good!  Maybe one of the best meals I've ever had so enjoyable to eat.  Had a beautiful waitress, Tamisha, so friendly and helpful.  
Then we saw the musical In The Heights.  It was great.  Fun up to date music, good story line and a nice upbeat feeling.  Wonderful!  
From there we walked around Little Italy and had pasta for dinner.  (I am walking all over this city so I think I'm ok. I hope.)  Met a really nice couple at dinner from Long Island.  It is so great to meet new people and fined out about them.  There's alot of good people in this big world of ours.  

3 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

Tamisha is gorgeous! She probly had some CAKE! hahah i am turning into tess! I love that Harlem ward so fun!

Tess said...

Red,

I'm glad I'm experiencing your adventure with you. You are amazing in every way. I am so blessed that you hang with me. NYC is very fun. Off to the open today with you. Very fun.

I love you. Glen

meeshw said...

Ha...I'm so glad I am experiencing your adventure with you too...even if it is through the internet...haha. I love that you guys are experiencing so many different things...Have fun at the Open...Can't wait for your next blog!