Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vacationing with the In-laws

We have spent the last 6 days in Hawaii with Glen's parents and his 2 brothers, Nathan and Mark and their wives, Cheryl and Katherine.  It has been a very enjoyable and relaxing time.  We went snorkling at Ke'e beach, swimming at Hideaways, (my favorite place, I would prefer it alone with Glen:)), got a spiritual high watching the turtles at Queen's Bath (seriously I could watch them for hours).  We also went to ancient gardens, lighthouse and saw soaring birds and hiked the Napali Coast trail aways.  
It has been a wonderful trip.  Here are a few pictures, I lost some of them on my other camera, of course they were the good ones, a picture of Glen's abs, thanks to Mitch Gaylord workout tapes and Grandpa's legs on the beach with socks to his knees and long shorts with a teeny tiny bit of skin showing, Awesome!

All of us at the lookout on the Napali trail.
Grandma and Grandpa were great.  They hiked everywhere with us.  Grandma on the trail made it to the lookout and Grandpa made it all the way to the beach.  They were not going to be left behind.  Grandma kept saying I am not 70 yet (May 5th is her birthday). 
Queen Emma's Bath was going off.  The waves were crashing hard up an over the rocks into the pool.
I love the turtles, they are beautiful.

4 comments:

Tess said...

I will take hideaway beach with you alone any day. We should drag down a surf board and hope for some good waves. I love you. I'm lucky I have you. I'm also lucky got some good surf Monday morning at hideaways.

Love, G

Brooke Wilkins said...

Sounds so so so fun! That view is AWESOME! Um I am bummed you missed the pic of dad's abs! Thanks Gaylord! hahaha!

meeshw said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. It really is an awesome place.

Kim Messick said...

That sounds great to me right now! Sad we missed out on the picture of Glen's abs!