Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Did It For Her


The last few weeks has been pretty busy with prop 8 things, especially the last few days. I waved banners, I hung door hangers, I watched polls and I made phone calls. It was fun and sometimes tiring and sometimes I just wanted it to be over. I was called a hater, I was called misinformed, and intolerent. I don't think I was any of those. I am not perfect and I struggle with likeing a couple people in this world, but I do not hate, expecially a group of people who can and do contribute a lot of good. I am not here to judge, I have my own problems to make right, but I just felt I couldn't take the chance on things that I felt inappropriate being taught in schools and diminishing the importance of the family. I just couldn't take the chance. So I did it for Reese and all of my future grandkids. I want them to be gathered beside me here in sunny so cal and know they are being taught good moral principles and values. I love you REESE.

2 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

Mom, I am so proud of you and you are amazing! You worked so hard. It really counts what you did, and that was so great of you! Reese will appreciate how much you do for her.

Noelle said...

Thanks for all your hard work!! Just know that it wasn't in vain. I wish I could have been there with everyone to help out, but I'm glad people like you and my mom could be so dedicated. Reese will appreciate it and so will my kids! Good job!!