Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grandpa Mac


On August 16 we celebrated my Dad's 80th birthday. It was a big event. There were 70 people there. Family and friends. Noah and Brooke sang beautifully for Grandpa. But the highlight of the night was Grandpa singing to Grandma, "If I Had My Way." There wasn't a dry eye there. It was wonderful.

I'd like to make your golden dreams come true, dear,

If I only had my way.

A paradise this world would seem to you, dear,

If only I had my way.

If I had my way, dear, forever there'd be

A garden of roses for you and for me,

A thousand and one things, dear, I would do,

Just for you, just for you, just for you.

If I had my way, we would never grow old,

And sunshine I'd bring every day,

You would reign all alone, like a queen on a throne,

If I had my way.

No comments: